Sunday, May 11, 2008

I facebooked your mom, and Googled myself... don't read too much into it...

I just googled my own name; for those of you from the Victorian era reading this by means of a medium or wizard of some sort, that means I went to this website http://www.google.ca/ and typed my own name into the search field. If you haven't done so recently, try it for yourself.

I found there is another Kris Hendricks who is a real estate professional of some kind in Seattle, another who is an Olympic bowling coach, there is a Kris Hendricks who is identified as an "agent" on website called KGBusa.com, there is a Kris Hendricks from Allentown, PA, who has a Facebook account and another Kris Hendricks who works in some capacity with water permits or development permits in and/or around phoenix Arizona.

I was already somewhat acquainted with this last Kris Hendricks as his or her email address is ludicrously similar to my own, and over the last several years I have received the occasional request to review this or that construction proposal and approve the sought after permits, which I have kindly done.

But in all seriousness, the thing that I found most interesting was that the 5th item that came up relating to my name was my old blog on myspace which if you're interested in wasting 15 to 20 minutes can be seen here: (the old blog has now been deleted, but it was boring anyway) the interesting thing about that is this; my MySpace profile didn't come up, my Facebook profile didn't come, Even this very blog I'm posting on right now doesn't come up until the 6th page, (I just checked again and for some reason this blog just moved up to the 2nd page... weird.) the last time I posted in that myspace blog was almost exactly a year ago, my last two posts there can be read in a matter of 3 or 4 minutes, and I found them quite entertaining, there's a short piece about George Orwell and Trent Reznor... I was going to plagiarize it and post it again here, but I'll just leave it there and put the link here, as I have already done.

If you haven't already deduced from my excessive rambling I'm typing this in the middle of the night, I'm practically sleep-blogging. I'll cut it short, but again, as I've promised several times, I'm actually working on something about George Orwell, and I'll soon post it. This one, however, does not include slanderous gossip about a certain modern industrial musician or profess visitations from the ghost of literature past, but it will delineate the connection between Our subject, Eric Arthur Blair, his literary predecessor and arch-nemesis Rudyard Kipling, the prophet of Imperialism, And, oddly enough, a third limb to make it a nice (though definitely not equilateral) triangle, Isaac Asimov.

No comments: